Like Waldo, the character from, "Where In The World Is Waldo?”, people often ask, "Where in the world is Grove Gallery?" A great question - Grove Gallery is East Lansing's "hidden treasure", tucked away on Grove Street and next to Woven Art. Once there, visitors to Grove Gallery will discover unique works of art ranging from hand-beaded jewelry, sculptural wall weavings, fused glass, mixed media, printmaking, pottery, textiles and fiber art and metal sculpture for the home and garden. Additionally, visitors can often see artists at work in their on-site studios, which gives them a glimpse into the "process" of creating art. The gallery operates as an artist co-operative where members share in the day-to-day responsibility of manning it. There are several options available for becoming an on-site or off-site artist. Anyone interested in studio space or becoming an off-site artist should contact the Grove Gallery Manager, Deborah Cholewicki, at 517-333-7180 and/or check out the gallery website at www.grovegallerycoop.com.Grove Gallery also provides Michigan artists with opportunities for solo exhibits and participation in their Annual Holiday Show. Grove Gallery is proud to be a member of the Arts Council of Greater Lansing and participates in the First Sunday Art Walk.
The current and newest gallery members to join Grove include: ·
Deb Cholewicki – Manager (Fiber Artist., On-Site)
* Fiber Artist with On-Site Studio Space
* Sculptural wall weavings from natural fibers & yarns
* Commissioned by the Creative Task Force, St. Francis Retreat Center, DeWitt to co-create a large permanent installation entitled, "Breath of Life·
Gretel Geist Rutledge – Treasurer (Print maker and Textile/Fiber Artist, On-Site)* Print maker and Textile/Fiber Artist
* Former costume design Professor, MSU Dept. of Theatre for 35+ years.
* Works in permanent or private collections in MI, Wisconsin, Chicago, NY City and Canada.·
Candy Farmer (Fiber Artist, On-Site)
* Uses various printing and stitching techniques to transform cloth into beautiful textural wall hangings, small art quilts, and wearable art.
* Provides small group workshops on dyeing and deconstruction techniques·
* Internationally recognized* Work is both on and off the loom. She creates one-of-a-kind wall pieces, wearable art and fiber sculptures.
* Won first place at the MLH 16th Bienniel Fiber Awards, for her piece entitled, "Nature Strips" created from silk, sticks, New Zealand rocks, driftwood, birch bark and red wire.
* Current joint exhibit at the East Lansing Public Library with potter, Eldon Clark.·
Margabeth Cibulka (Fused Art Glass, Off-Site)
* Uses glass recycled from bottles and goblets
* Williamston resident who hosts the annual "Art for the Soul" every December* Participant in the Williamston Fine Art Sale and Studio Tour·
Sharan Egan (Fiber Artist, Off-Site)
* Fascinated by fiber, textiles, stitchery, texture and color
* Co-creator of "Breath of Life ~ Woven In Mystery", a permanent commissioned installation for the St. Francis Retreat Center, DeWitt.·
Jenny Schu (Fiber Artist and Bead Work, Off-Site)
* Graduated from U of M with a BFA in fiber art.
* 2012 recipient of the Individual Artist Grant through the Arts Council
* Beaded bracelet entitled, "Bamboozled" was accepted into an International Juried Show, "Small Expressions 2012", Long Beach Museum of Art, CA
Dace Koenigsknecht (Metal Sculptor, Off-Site)
* Creates 3-D work utilizing metal and found objects
* Founding secretary of Blacksmiths of Woldumar Guild
* Member of Michigan Artist Blacksmith Association
* Created "River Respite" for the Art By The River Exhibit, Lansing, 2011·
Francia Trosty (Graphic Design Professional, Off-Site)
* Digital fine art, printmaking, graphic design
* Creator of 2012-13 Grove Gallery brochure·
Jessica Grienke (Website Designer, Off-Site)
* Currently updating Grove website
* Designs Grove’s Guest Artist Exhibit and Holiday Show Postcards·
Barbara Hranilovich (Painter, Illustrator, Potter, Encaustics, Pastels, Bronze, Off-Site)
* Creative Director at Zimmerfish
* Freelance award-winning illustrator and author of "E is for Entrepreneur."
* Inducted into the Society of illustrators·
Steve Kachmar (Wood and Metal, Pencil Drawing, Off-Site)
* 33 years of creative work experience
* Founder and owner of SK Creative Group